Monday 22 September 2014

Wearing Black Lipstick

Just recently I saw quite a lot of girls in the "internet beauty community" sport black lips, just in the past two days 3 girls from my subscriptions did a video featuring black lips, including Michelle Phan with her Grunge Beauty video. Anyway with all these popping up, it urged me to look back on a video I did a few months ago.

This again was a collaboration that was organised by the Collusion Society and the project was makeup looks that would suit certain lip colours. And yup, I got black.

This was a tricky one for me as black is such a strong and intense in your face colour. I had to be very careful with the eye makeup so it wouldn't start to look gothic but not too simple either. So anyway I opted for a wash of brown on the lids, a cat eye line with the addition of small dots to give the look a little character. For blush I choose a pretty intense reddish shade as I didn't want the look to be flat.

Out of all the makeup looks I have created so far this is my favourite. Watch the video here.







No comments:

Post a Comment